- On the Website.
- in email and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates, parent company, and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates, parent company, and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), e-mail address, telephone number, birthday, credit or debit card number, gender, and any information that is provided to us during the subscription process or as a submission for a classified listing or obituary, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as screen name or user name, education, occupation, financial information, and interests; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, geolocation information, hardware and software information, analytics, advertising information, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, Google Adwords and other tracking technologies.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners, including Stripe (our third party credit and debit card processor).
- information that you provide by filling in forms or registering to use the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registration, when subscribing to our service, posting materials, creating a user profile or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including emails), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of your subscription package when you subscribe to access the Website’s content. You will be required to provide financial information when you subscribe to use the Website; and
- your search queries on the Website.
- details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. https://bristolnewsdaily.com/terms-and-conditions/
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
- to present the Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- to alert you to breaking news stories or other new Website content;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, such as classified listings or the public comment section, on the Website;
- to respond to comments, requests, questions or other User Contributions you provide to the Website;
- to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends and track users’ movements on the Website;
- to protect our rights, if necessary or appropriate: (i) to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Company, its subsidiaries, parent company, or affiliates, or any of their employees, agents, or contractors; (ii) to protect the property, safety, privacy, and security of users of the Website; (iii) to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) to comply with the law or legal process; (v) to respond to requests from the public or government authorities; or (vi) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries, parent company and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, acquisition or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to a third party for payment processing, address verification or credit authorization;
- to your employer, school, professor or any other third-party provider of your subscription, if your subscription is provided in whole or in part by such third party.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a registration, subscription, subscription renewal, or other notices.